1) Got our pre-approval from China, even when we didn't meet all the qualifications.
2) Home study and medicals complete.
3) Hotel was available during Canton Trade Fair.
4) God's financial provision
5) Good timing for travel
6) Good health for everyone
7) Good flight arrangements
8) Samuel would know we love him and trust us
9) Samuel's health would be strong enough for stress of meeting us/getting him home
10) Smooth paperwork process in China
11) Samuel had a negative TB test
12) 31 hrs of travel home went well
13) Heart cath went well
I KNOW there has been many more answered prayers, but I found these in a five minute scan of the blog. Yesterday, I picked up a Mark Batterson book (for $5 at Mardel) called The Circle Maker. My friend Kim H. had mentioned reading it and I thought, why not? I'm just a couple of chapters in, but it's about powerful prayer.
So friends, I am committing to praying big prayers about Samuel's surgery, recovery, and our entire family during it all. Because I know that my stalkers' prayers were a big part of all of the above, I will share my specific requests yet again.
- completely successful surgery and recovery with NO complications
- doctors say 5-7 day minimum hospital stay - let's pray for 5
- my girls will be safe and happy while Matt & I are so occupied with their brother
- Matt & I will have all the physical, emotional, and spiritual energy we're going to need
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." Eph 3:20-21