Monday, August 8, 2011

Treasures

I've just got to share this conversation posted by a friend on her blog.  CJ is an adoptive parent and Mr. I is well...I'll let you decide what you think. 
 
CJ: I've got 10 kids; 7 are adopted from China.
Mr. I: Why in the h... would you do that?
CJ: Well, sir, there are millions of children in China alone needing a family.
Mr. I: Well, adopting 7 won't make a difference.
CJ: Tell that to them.
Mr. I: Tell it to who?
CJ: My 7 children.
Mr. I: Tell it to the 3 you didn't adopt when they lose out.
CJ: Lose out on what?
Mr. I: Their inheritance.
CJ: What's an inheritance?
Mr. I: That's what it's all about.
CJ: Sir, my inheritance isn't on this earth.
S.i.l.e.n.c.e.
So, it was a seed. Probably planted on rocky soil but nonetheless, it was a seed.

Thanks, C.J.  Good reminders for me as well:  Adopting one child changes the whole world for that child.  Whatever I may give up here is not worth anything compared to adding to the treasures in heaven. 

 "But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal." Matthew 6:20

~ Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment