Monday, March 18, 2013

Looking forward to...

*watching Cassidy see China for the first time since she was 2.
*watching Courtney see China differently 8 years later.
*looking out on a sea of Chinese faces staring at us whities.
*that wonderful feeling when our airplane touches down in Guangzhou, knowing how close we are to our son.
*seeing our son's face in person for the first time
*touching our son's sweet face
*introducing Samuel to anyone who will listen as "our son."
*getting to know the lovely guides that we've heard so much about - we still have fond memories of the guides from our last trip.

Okay, knowing me, you all know I have to give a list of not looking forward to also ~ can't try to snow anyone into thinking I'm so spiritual that I won't have any complaints.

Not looking forward to...
*that long, long, long flight (motion sickness + claustrophobia = me no like airplanes)
*not being able to understand the language(s) in China (especially when Samuel speaks)
*watching our son be frightened, sad, uncertain
*not having Diet Pepsi for two weeks

So the good outweighs to bad exponentially, because I sure didn't list all the good.  I have been told that I don't let my emotions show very often, so don't let my outward calmness confuse you.  When people ask me how I'm feeling, I say I am excited.  That's not enough of a word to describe it.  I looked up some synonyms to help me:  charged, beside myself, delighted, eager, enthusiastic, fired up, thrilled.  In a nutshell, I am doing the Snoopy dance on the inside!!!!

A big thank you to yet another generous family who supplemented our adoption fund this weekend!  I am completely in awe of God's provision for us.  He must have big plans for our Samuel. 

~Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment