Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Officially ours!

Absolutely could not be going better with Samuel.  He is silly, crazy, ornery, stubborn, and tries to make us laugh when we tell him no.  Wrestling with Dad and sisters comes naturally and completely cracks him up.


 His backpack is a prized possession.  He packs it, unpacks it, and packs it again.
 Samuel is not the only one having a little fun.  There is a small play room in the hotel for the kids.  Our visit there tonight resulted in much sillyness.


 Peek-a-boo!
 Rocking and rocking!
Aunt Cheryl...notice the OU shirt?  Matt wanted to make sure you saw it ;)
 
Today we went to the Civil Affairs office and finished our paperwork as far as China is concerned.  We promised that we want him and will never abuse or abandon him.  Well, duh ;)
We then went the very long way around to the store (my fault) to buy Samuel some shoes that actually fit and were boys shoes, not girls.  We are all happier with that.
 
Tomorrow, we go to the local police station to apply for Samuel's passport.
 
~Martha
 
 
Hi all, Martha wanted me to tell you she ended abruptly because Samuel was sitting in a chair yawning really big and she wanted to try and give him his first bath.  We'll see if it turns out like trying to give Cassidy her first bath - exactly analagous to trying to bath a cat!!
 
Samuel slept fairly well last night.  It took us about an hour to get him down, and he slept until two when he woke up scared and crying, so I scooped him into bed with us.  He woke up again at about five, once again scared.  I had to turn a light on, and when I did I saw that his eyes were still closed.  I said something to him and he opened his eyes.  He looked at me and then Martha and stopped crying and snuggled back in.  Good sign.
 
I hear much wailing, hold on.... Getting our hair washed can be traumatic!
 
We enjoyed a pretty good day today as we continued to get to know each other.  As Martha told you, we finished our China paperwork.  You can tell that lawyers and politicians have had their fingers in the adoption process because it takes a small forest of trees to complete the paperwork.  Sheesh.
 
Other than that, as Martha mentioned, Samuel is wonderful.  He is 100% little boy.  I don't think that playroom will ever be the same!   :-)
 
We had our first showdown today!  :-)   I had put a stool away and he wanted it back out.  I said no, and he locked eyes with me and began pulling it back out anyway.  So, I took it from him and put it back where I had it and told him no again.  Needless to say, this displeased him greatly.  He pouted at me until I made a funny face at him.  He laughed, and I no longer wore the title of bad cop.
 
I have so much on my mind that I want to say.  Hopefully soon I'll be able to get it out.  Suffice it to say that I am continually amazed by the grace God pours out on us every day, in every breath.
 
~ Matthew
 
"May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all."   2 Corinthians 13:14
 



No comments:

Post a Comment